I have been MIA lately. I recently went to Destin for a week with some old college roommates. It was a blast. I threw all of my insecurities out the window and just had a good time. I ate and drank too much. No regrets though!
I will get to meet my new class in 33 days! I am going back to basics and hoping to recharge my weight loss. Losing weight to me equals gaining confidence and energy to be the best teacher I can be. My weight is, and has always been, a reflection of my emotions. I want to work on being in a better place mentally, spiritually, and physically. It is to the point I do not need to talk about. I need to just DO IT. I know exercise is key for stress, depression, and health. I know what it is like to be so bogged down with sugar and just feel blah. Sugar blah feeds into laziness, apathy, etc....
I am the queen of setting goals, planning how much weight I will lose by when, and overall putting lots of thinking into it but no follow through. I am going to think like a healthy, energetic, "thin" person and flat out turn my back on sweets and empty calorie carbs. I know I will not be perfect but I need to work on the whole not letting food control me, etc...
It is a mind game, I am determined to win. I am very PROUD of you ladies who have stayed in the game and continue to lose!!! It inspires me to back in the game, no matter how slow it seems. I used to weigh as much as some of you ladies. I got discouraged with how slow it was moving...so stopped....makes perfect sense?
The vacuum cleaner is calling my name. I must say vacuuming is my favorite. It is the dusting that I hate.
Baby steps: I will clean house and get on my elliptical today :)
I hate cleaning in all its forms. Number one thing I'm getting once I'm out of debt is a maid service. You'll get back on track. Getting back to blogging is step 1. I'm getting back on track myself (been blogging but not making progress...) so we can do it together!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI've just started getting back into exercise after a couple of month hiatus... if I can do it you can, too! :)