Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taking a Line from a Poem

Yesterday in class, we lifted a line from a poem and just used that to start our writing. Here was mine. I loved it because it is about the one I love most in this world.

Do You Remember When?

Do you remember when? I do.
I remember a time when the world was full of possibilities.
I remember looking forward to my adventure after graduating college.
I remember dreaming of being an independent woman with endless opportunities.
Think Sex and the City Texas style.

Do you remember the time you knew everything about your life was changing? I do.
I remember starting a journey I never bought tickets for.
I remember landing in a place I never wanted to go.
I remember being scared and disappointed  as I was forced to cross over to the unknown.

Do you remember when? I do.
I remember realizing life, the good and the bad, was all a part of God's plan.
I remember realizing my mistake is my greatest joy.
I remember having goose bumps thinking of what I would have missed if I had let my fear make the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment