This time last year I was anxiously waiting to leave for the hospital. It is hard to believe it has been one year. Today is a bittersweet day. I realize how SLOW I am losing and that I am still on the losing gaining roller coaster. My lowest would be -27 pounds. Today I am -20 pounds. I expected to be down way more by the year anniversary BUT I know I am the reason I have not lost more. I still have bad habits, I don't exercise, and I don't focus on getting my water/protein.
I am not giving up. I need a big kick in the a**! I am still emotionally tied to food. I have to exercise consistently. Once I work out a few days I enjoy it. It is always getting started. I have no excuse. I am being positive. Guilt and disappointment never works. I look at my -20 pounds as a victory AND not being above my highest as a victory. Before my surgery, I was on the road to packing on the weight. I know without my band my highest would be way above 240.
I am going to commit to blogging everyday! Maybe that will keep my eye on my goals. I would say my number one reason for eating is boredom and being addicted to sugar. I know I can do this, the question is will I?
Down 20 is better than up 20! :) Even if it takes you a few years, it's better to lose it slow. (I know you don't want to hear that. Jeez, I don't like myself just for typing it out.)
ReplyDeleteThis is our year to take back our weight loss! Maybe we can do a 5K together or something? :)
I can so identify with you. I thought that one year out I'd be much further along. It's hard to look objectively at the situation and make the changes that I know I need to make. But, rest assured that you are not alone in the struggle and that there are many who have had great success even though it's been very slow. Hang in there! We can do this!
ReplyDeleteYou can do this. I know that you can. Just think... slow loss means the skin catches up. I didn't realize that we had our surgeries so close. My one year is tomorrow!
ReplyDelete