Monday, February 14, 2011

Back from the Other Side

I haven't posted since August. Truth is when you are not keeping to the lifestyle you do not want to post. I often read others' posts. I enjoy reading about the success of others and it does show me that it can be done. I also feel so discouraged and angry with myself that I have been losing and gaining weight. I have never gotten below 215 and I have consistently bounced between that and higher.
I have some restriction. I have 8cc out of 11cc band. I just find that the things that are good for me to eat are often the most difficult to eat...chicken, eggs, etc. Basically, I eat nothing for breakfast and cannot eat too much at lunch. By night, I seem to be a bottomless pit. I am going to get a small fill ASAP. I know there is no excuse to have gone through this, self-pay, and then not change my lifestyle long enough to drop this weight.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having a hard time! I know what you mean about the good things being hard to eat. Why is it that cake goes down great, but try to eat a piece of wheat bread and you are sorry! Or chips, I have no issues with chips, but I can't eat tofu! Really frustrating.

    I hope your fill helps get you back on track! Just try to look forward and do the best you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! You are sounding a bit like me there. I cant eat anything all day... well maybe soup... and hen in the evening I can eat whatever I like. Seriously random, but thats how it goes.

    I have been banded for 4 years and am now heavier than prior to surgery. I have had a shitty time of it to be fair, but I have made some big mistakes. I had all my fluid removed in April 2010 (i dont suggest doign this unless banded for years) and give myself a big old rest up. I was unfilled for 6 months, put on about 45lbs and then started over in October. So for 5 months now I have been trying to get it together. Its hard!!!!!! LOL

    I have lost about 12 pounds since then. Thats all! I eat whatever I like, and I dont feel guilt about it. Thats what made me mess stuff up in the first place. I just go with it. Some weeks I lose nothing, others just half and then occasionally I lose 4 or go up 2! But the trend is downward. I got so in a rut about guilt etc that I ate because I thought I cheated and ended up sabotaging myself often.

    I joined www.livestrong.com where I track my foods daily and then even if I do have cake or an ice cream my brian cant lie to me and tell me I have been bad cos I am still below my calorie level. Also I can see when I am over it and therefore see where I went wrong. Its helped me no end.

    I will try and support you best I can hun, and I hear ya. You sound tired and lonely and hopefully we can be freinds and with freinds you feel refreshed all over.

    Peace and hugs

    x Bunny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and we have about the same amount of weight to lose, although I work in Kgs these days as it took the pressure off... 1 kilogram - wow that sounds a lot of weight but actually its just 2 pound but to my warped brain I feel such an achievement losing even 1/4 kilo!! LOL

    You are ahead of me in the losing game, so lets make it a challenge to us both to see if we cant both get to goal this year!

    ReplyDelete