Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blame it on the Alcohol

I am not someone who can abstain from drinking. I do not drink very often so when the opportunity to hang out and have a couple drinks presents itself, I am all about it. Being a teacher, this summer has been full of weddings, birthdays, and nights with the girls which means drinks, drinks, drinks. I love beer. I mean I did love beer. I panic now when trying to find a drink so I have become a white wine lady (reisling).
I bet you cannot guess what I want to do when I drink.......EAT! I also want the occasional cigarette. These nights out have always led me to veer off path. Last night, I had a couple glasses of wine. By couple, I do not mean 2. I then wanted to eat so I got a happy meal. I also bought a pack of cigarettes. What I realized, is the food and smokes seemed so gross to me. I ended up throwing away all of it after one smoke and a few bites of my cheeseburger. I am not proud that I indulged but I am excited that I did not ENJOY it. I did not wake up today wanting more junk. I did not wake up wanting to smoke but with the memory of how gross it was. I know I am not CURED but it is a victory to not want more fast food, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment