Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Frustrated...Again
I did well yesterday. I turned down candy, cookies, chips, etc. at my workshop. I came home and squeezed in 45 min on the elliptical before getting my daughter from preschool. I ate well at dinner (black beans with low fat cheese), which was about 6:30. I was tired, sore, and grumpy. I finally got my little girl to sleep and then I am hungry. It is 9:00. I eat 2 hard boiled eggs and 1/2c -1c of chicken salad (fat free mayonnaise, pecans, apples, relish). I then ventured off to some BBQ potato chips. I continue to graze as if I am searching for the one thing I TRULY want. I hate how I do so well and then all of a sudden all of my old urges come back full force. Last night I even started thinking about what it would be like to stop and get donuts or chicken minis this morning. The negative thought find a way to sneak in and then attack full force. I been banded for 2 months and lost 16 pounds, which used to be 21. I have not truly lost weight in weeks. I was feeling this way and then had 4-5 days of feeling way more optimistic. I just ate how it is such a rollercoaster because then when I am down again it seems that much harder to pick myself up. Why is the mind so irrational? I have to stop focusing on the scale and focus on making good choices and exercising. I will drink my shake for breakfast and take my giant water bottles to workshop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We all have trouble at night... You have to be happy about the good choices you make and not beat yourself up over minor slipups... When your band gives you the perfect restriction, you won't be able to overeat the bad things and a bit or 2 will make your cravings go away. You will get back on track tomorrow. I am a new follower and I was banded March 23rd, 2010. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete