Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Liquids, Liquids, and more Liquids

I have 6 more days of this liquid diet. I am having a hard time drinking my shakes. It almost makes me nauseous when I think of drinking them. I am drinking the Myoplex Light. I tried UNJURY non-flavored protein powder. I mixed it with some Crystal Light. YUCK! I have had a heightened since of smell and the smell made me ill. I tried to have an open mind but then decided I shouldn't eat it if I have to basically hold my nose while I drink. I am having a hard time getting my protein in. I would say on average I get 40-45 grams, when my doctor wants 60. I did eat mash potatoes, thinned with skim milk, and thought they we delicious. I could only eat about 4 bites and then felt super full. I had runny oatmeal this morning. It was good. Anything but the shakes!!!
I have lost 18 pounds now!! 9 preop and 9 since since my surgery on the 8th. The past 3 days I have lost 2 pounds a day. I am getting greedy! I better chill out because the moment I stress about it I won't see the scale budge.
I have two fingers and part of my palm that are NUMB. They are constantly tingling like they are waking up from being numb. It does not really hurt but just weird!! I called my doc and the nurse said it isn't lab band related and I could go to my primary doctor OR wait for my post op next week. I am guessing it is from the anesthesia. I have had it for DAYS. I have never had it before so it has to be from surgery!
Despite losing 18 pounds I don't really feel like my clothes are fitting any different but surely they are! Maybe I just overestimated how much I was stuffing myself in my pants. I am going to a wedding next weekend. I am hoping to feel better in my clothes by then!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashly! I've awarded you with the Beautiful Blogger Award! Go here to check it out! http://hungrygirlsdiary.blogspot.com/2010/06/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html

    ReplyDelete