Friday, June 11, 2010

Tomorrow

My daughter has been with her dad for since last Thursday. It worked out nice because she was not here when I had surgery and I had a few days to relax without her. I have missed her terribly but know she has had a blast. It breaks my heart when she goes through the transition of being home after she has been with him and all his family for over a week. The past couple visits she cries hard when she leaves with her dad. She has cried to me on the phone and told me to come pick her up. When she gets home then she cries for her dad. I know it will get easier as she gets older but it still makes me sad that she has to go through that. My daughter will never know me with her dad because we split up when she was just a couple months old. We have always had a good relationship and and try do family outings (Zoo,etc) as often as we can. It means so much to Laney to have her mom and dad together with her.

I am going to have to explain that I cannot pick her up and she has to be careful not to jump on me or kick me. She is super observant and asks a million questions so I better be prepared with some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment