Monday, July 19, 2010

Balance

If I could achieve balance in my life, I would be a much happier person. I am someone who will not put away laundry here and there but wait until I have a massive pile of clean clothes. I am a procrastinator and make things so much harder than they need to be. When I get on a cleaning kick, I clean for hours. In every area of my life, I am like this. I know I have an addictive personality. I do not live with routines. I am extremely motivated for a few days and then "down" for a few days. I will continue to pick myself up and look to scriptures for strength. I know it is all a mind game. I know that going out for drinks one night is a slippery slop to wanting to eat "bad" foods for the next couple days.

I think for years I have felt that I am out of control with my eating/weight. With or without the band (thank goodness it is WITH), I have to realize I am always in control. I make the choice to nourish my body and take a step towards being healthy or to take 5 steps backwards. I know this is truly a journey, a marathon. and a process. I just have to keep walking. There will be times I can run and feel like I can go forever. There will also be times I just want to quit and I think I just can't do it. As long as I just have to keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment