I pray everyday to make the most of the day. I try to only look at the positive and enjoy the sheer beauty of this time of year. It is so easy to feel the walls closing in and forget we are a part of something way bigger than ourselves.
The scale was down 2 more pounds from yesterday. I did drink several glasses of wine last night and I am hoping it does not show up on the scale. I feel like you have to work hard to lose before the TOM. That always throw my weight and cravings off. I am determined to keep making good choices, listening to my band, and being empowered by each pound I lose. I am learning more and more that we have a choice to make each day. We can do everything we can to get closer to our goal or we can make excuses for why we can't eat well, exercise, stop eating when we are full, etc. Every morning I re-dedicate myself to the Lord and to becoming healthy.
"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
~ Groucho Marx
I love this post. Seriously - I needed to hear and feel words like this lately. Keep it up girl...your attitude will take you far!
ReplyDelete