Another blog got me thinking of all the things people that are so RUDE. You know the comments I mean. You cannot believe they just said that. You almost are waiting for them to laugh. It must be a joke to say something like that, especially when it is a compliment wrapped in rudeness. What comments stick out in your mind? Here's mine:
- A student the other day told me "you actually look pretty today".
- Another student told me my hair is frizzy when she walked in the classroom.
I understand kids are learning. I talk to them about why it is rude. I explain to them that because I know them I know they did not mean it like that. We talk about other ways to get your point across. Now here for the adults:
- A parent asked me "What happened here?" as she waved her hand in front of her chin. Ummm my face is broken out. She said I had such a pretty complexion. Then she went on to tell me I look so different with my glasses and with all this (as she waved her hand around her face).
-I was talking with coworkers about my daughter asking me sometimes if I want her daddy to come live with us. She says he can sleep with her room. She asks her daddy if he wants to come live with us and sleep with her. A coworker said my daughter was a manipulator or manipulating (can't remember exactly I was seeing red). Ummmmm my daughter is 4. She has never known her parents together and has no clue why we are not together. What 4 year old would not want to see her mom and dad everyday!!
I absolutely hate rude people. :( I wish they'd get some common sense and realize the things they say every day to people actually leave a big impression. UGH.
ReplyDeleteit wasn't my blog by any chance was it! LOL. I hate rude people! especially those who pick out the noticeables!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood God - what is wrong with people? It's jealousy - plain and simple. They want what you have. Period. Poke their eyes out with forks.
ReplyDelete