Saturday, March 26, 2011

Friday, March 25, 2011BYOC


1. How do you handle criticism?

It all depends how the criticism is presented. It is not what you say but how you say it. I do not respond well to "tough love" criticism. If I feel like the person giving the criticism openly admits we are struggle at some point, then I am fine with discussing how I can do something differently. I do need to get thicker skin.
2. Who had or has had the greatest impact on your life?

My daughter turned my world upside down. At the time I was in college, drinking all the time, staying up all night, etc. I said goodbye to that lifestyle and hello to the most rewarding, challenging  job of being a mother. She also makes me want to be a better person, better Christian, healthy, happy, etc. I realize I have to model all the qualities I want her to have!
3. If you had a friend that spoke to you the way YOU speak to yourself – would you keep them as a friend and for how long?

No! I would get tired of their eeyore attitude. I did have a friend who was like the way I am with myself and it is super annoying. You want to be supportive but you cannot do anything until they decide to pick themselves up and fight like hell for what they want.

4. Do you think crying is a form or weakness or a form of strength? Strength, unless you are doing it for the drama factor. Then, I think you have issues and need to grow up. I think when people cry all the time it is difficult to think it is ever a big deal when they cry. It is flat out sexy when a man cries, not crybaby man, but someone who you can tell cares so deeply that his eyes tear up. I hate how I cry sometimes because I do not want to cry. Getting feedback on an evaluation can lead to me sitting their saying to myself--don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.


5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Blog Land... I miss being so plugged in. I went back to school and Laney is now home. I think about blogging a lot but it has been very hectic. I am trying to catch up now.

In real life... all is well. An old roomie is coming into town tonight, I have my baby back, the scale is moving, I feel content, and I do not need to turn to food. I am just praying to hold on to this feeling as things get stressful. I have to remember I can either wake up and feel better than I did today or I can wake up feeling guilty.

1 comment: