I was trying to find my blog on my blackberry so I searched for what I thought the url was. I was shocked to see how all these many conversations I have had came up. At first, it was a little creepy. I have always known when you blog it stays somewhere forever. Anyway, I also saw some blogs where other people gave me a shout out when I asked for help a week or so ago. I was touched by their kindness and am finally seeing how blogging supports you. I was cynical that you could meet a group of ladies that truly lift you up, catch you when you fall, and lean on you.....all online.
I am blessed to have finally opened my eyes to this wonderful support system. It is really helping me claw myself back on the wagon.
My daughter is leaving today to spend just about 3 weeks with her dad and his extended family. It was going to be 2 weeks but she would be coming home on a Monday. I am so busy in the weeks, and didn't want her to have to go to school the very next day, so he is going to bring her home on Friday. I know when she starts Kindergarten in the Fall of 2012 she will not be able to go see him for weeks at a time. It is a long time for her to be gone but she sees her great-grandma and her great-great-grandma everyday she is there, as well as her cousin, etc. We do not have a big family so I love that she does. It is priceless the time she spends with her 93 year old great-great-grandma. They are truly BFF's. Her dad is also going to take her to the beach, camping, etc. We are very different people but he is a great father. We usually meet half way but he is driving the whole 4 hours and back just to get her Barbie jeep. It won't fit in my car and he wants to take it to the beach. He is a stubborn man that is spending 8 hours in the car, instead of 4, so his little girl can drive her jeep on the beach.
That is a sweet thing about the barbie jeep. And how are you doing now, with your band and weight loss? What's the update there? I'm glad that things are going well with the family and things are looking up.
ReplyDeleteHe sounds like a good dad. I'm glad you reached out, you won't find a group of women more supportive than us! ;)
ReplyDelete