I have always had a hard time accepting losing 1-2 pounds a week. It seems like a small reward after busting it all week. I need to realize the bottom line is your are losing weight or gaining. It makes no sense to pack on the weight because you do not like losing only 1 pound a week. Logically, I know you cannot lose weight if you do not eat better and exercise. Anything worthwhile in life, we have to work for. I have been making better choices, getting in my protein, and exercising. I am holding on to this motivation and am determined to stick with it. I will weigh in every Monday and if I lose 1 pound a week I will be glad the scale is moving in the right direction.
My daughter will be gone the next 3 weeks. I am going to devote my time to cleansing my body, soul, and mind. I am going to take my dog for walks everyday, sit on the patio reading a book, eat delicious healthy food, and work everyday on loving myself thin. My weight represents years of depression, shouldas, couldas, wouldas. With each pound I am letting it go! I do not want to let another day go by without taking steps towards changing my heart, mind, and body. My journey is an emotional one. I have had body image issues since I was 150 pounds my junior year in high school. I have always seen myself as big. When I graduated high school, I weighed 135. I have to remind myself that food is not the answer to anything.
Have a good Monday!
Good for you and keep that attitude up. I hate that it's only 1-2 pounds a week too but I remind myself that it's better than gaining like you said. Take care. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I'm losing about a lb a week so I'm slower than some losers but at least the scale keeps going down and it adds up. If I only lose a lb a week, then I'm halfway to goal in just a year and hitting my goal the following year. Two years of losing to erase over 10 years of damage done to my body. Well worth it.
ReplyDelete