My daughter left on March 7th to visit her dad. She is coming back on March 25th. He can bring her back the 21st but I want her to have down time before having to go back to preschool. I think it would be best if she came back Friday so we would have all weekend to spend time together and then ease back into a routine. Instead of doing a million things I am putting off (cleaning the house, cleaning out closets, etc.), I just keep posting. All mothers out there can relate to feeling strange when your kids are gone. At first, it is glorious. You can nap when you want to, sleep through the night, finish a phone call, come home and watch TV in silent after a long day at work, etc...
After a couple days of that, you feel so strange not seeing and talking to your baby. It feels super weird not having her carseat in my car. It's like walking around without your purse. Not that a child compares to a purse, but you know that "it feels so weird" feeling :)
I am going out to meet a couple friends tonight. We went out on Monday. I rarely go out. It is nice to be able to go out guilt-free (without knowing my mom is watching my daughter). Drinking has always given me the live in the moment high. I have to be careful not to get carried away. I have been single for a long time. I haven't so much as kissed a guy in almost 2 years. WOW it feels like a long time but not that LONG! I wasn't someone who always had a boyfriend in high school but once I went to college. I was always dating someone. It is hard not to go out and want to meet guys. Logically, I know very very few relationships start at a bar. I just need to enjoy my friends and not turn into a woman on the prowl. It is embarassing to say that but true :)
I would love to meet a man, too... but it's HARD out there for us single mamas. OY! Why is it there seems to be such a shortage of good men? :(
ReplyDeleteI know it's weird but enjoy this kid free time. I love dancing with guys. I'm married and I'm not on the prowl but when I go out dancing or whatever...having men there makes it more fun. Hope you have a good time!
ReplyDeleteLove the changes you made to spruce up your blog! Hope you had a good time!
ReplyDelete