Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thankful

I have decided I will be thankful for every pound I loose. I will not compare it to how many pounds someone else has lost. So many times I have flat out given up because the scale was moving to slow. Believing you can do something can change things drastically. I know this! I have to be committed, determined, and persistent in this journey. I cannot half way do it any longer. I would rather spend two years reaching for my goal than sitting here in another year being someone who the band does not work for. It doesn't matter if I am stressed, depressed, or on cloud nine at a restaurant with friends. I have a path to follow. Now I just have to turn my words into actions and keep my eyes focused.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." --Melody Beattie
“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

2 comments:

  1. Hey girly, if you'll shoot me an e-mail I'll send you the time and location for our bandster lunch! :) (I tried to send you one, but I seem to have misplaced your e-mail address.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hear, hear! I'm making the same realizations. I don't lose as fast as others. Oh well. As long as the scale is moving down, I should be grateful. Great post!

    ReplyDelete