When the doctor asks if you have gotten sick, are they referring to throwing up? Should you mention PB incidents?
When I have a PB incident, it is because I did not listen to the stop eating signals and/or did not chew well enough.
Just curious. I have never actually thrown up. Sometimes I can eat quite a bit and other times I can barely eat. Does everyone have huge inconsistency? Does anyone weigh out 1-2 cups of food and eat no more.
Thanks for you help!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think the inconsistency is pretty common, depending on what we eat. For example a cup of mashed potatoes would slide right through while a cup of steak would be harder to eat.
ReplyDeleteI don't measure anymore.
In my mind a PB is different than vomitting. If you are confident any incidents you've had are as a result of improper chewing, I don't think you need to report them.
I've never PB'd, but it sounds like that's what he was talking about. I haven't ever really measured out anything, I just take the smallest amount I think I can get by on. That and I've been "dieting" for years, so I pretty well know what one cup of food looks like and am full off of it. :)
ReplyDeleteI have done it all. Since my unfill, it's mostly when I don't eat as I should. I don't measure my food, but probably should sometimes just to see if I'm eating the right amounts. I would mention it to the doc, but explain you know it's because it's what you're doing (or not) that's causing it.
ReplyDeleteMy clinic differentiates by calling a PB etc regurgitation. Which is obviously not the same as vomitting. Which for my differentiaion in my mind is when potentially bile would come up - eg food has started to digest, if I get stuck and regurgitate, that food has not started to digest so is therefore not being vomitted up.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you just need to get clarification and just explain to him in detail what happens when you PB and he can let you know if he considers it vomitting for the purposes of his question.
Inconsistancy is completely normal. I have measure plates I use which helps but honestly what can be eaten one day can't be the next.
My doc is usually asking about PB's when they say that. My band is pretty inconsistent but I think it's me...sometimes I eat way faster than I should, etc.
ReplyDelete