Sunday, March 20, 2011

Missing Turkey

OK so it has been 2 weeks since I have seen my daughter, A.K.A. turkey. She was going to come back tomorrow when I get off work (her dad lives 4hrs away) but I would rather her come home on Friday. I want to be able to spend time with her and let her ease back into being home before going to preschool all day. At her dad's she is surrounded by extended family that live literally down the road. She doesn't have to go to school and spends lots of time with her great great grandma and great grandma, while her dad is at school. She got to go camping, to the beach, etc... It takes her a little while to get adjusted to being home and she is exhausted when she gets back. On Friday, I know we will have the whole weekend to spend together before I have to wake her up at 6:00am to go to school.

I know the week will go by fast. I am just really missing her. I am trying to enjoy the free time I have but I just keep thinking of her personality the size of Texas. She definitely thinks she is the boss. I know that is not good BUT she is an only child, spends most of her time around adults, lives with her grandparents and myself. We are working on the concept of respect. Kids learn from imitating. She just can't seem to see why she can not imitate being the boss :) Her attitude seems so funny to me now and cute. Hahaha wait until she is home for a few days. I will not think it is so cute.

She is going to Kindergarten not this Fall but next Fall. She will be 5 in September. I cannot believe I have a 4 year old! Time goes by so fast when you look back on it. You think they are so fragile as babies. They are in a sense but they are also so safe in the world you create for them. I was blessed to stay home for her first 2 years. I worked and went to school at night while she stayed with my mom.

2 comments:

  1. I would really like to miss my daughter...but there is nowhere to send her. LOL. She is 2 and she is annoying...but she is mine.

    I'm sure Turkey will ajust fine when she gets home. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to get a break from the kiddos but we always end up missing them. My oldest is 5 and started kindergarten this year. I'm pretty sure it was harder on me than it was on her. LOL

    ReplyDelete