Friday, March 4, 2011

Scale-aholics

I am the only who weighs 2x a day, both in the morning. I swear I wake up and weigh and then an hr later I weigh and have magically lost 3 lbs. Knowing I am 3 lbs lighter always gives me the motivation I neeed for the day.

It has been a hard week because I have been super stressed with work, etc. I have just the weight of everything and there are not enough hours in the days. I really need a break from my little one. I love her with all my heart. It is difficult to not ever be able to go out, sleep in, take a break guilt free. I imagine it is different with a husband. In that case you have someone who is equally responsible for your child. We live with my parents so it is different than dropping her off at Mimi's for the weekend. My mom is always nice about watching her but she has a lot going on too. I see how tired and stressed she is and I just can't ask. If I do, then I feel guilty and cannot truly relax.

Ever feel like you want to just get in your car and leave? I am overwhelemed with a feeling to "escape" and truly just relax and be at peace. I know there is no quick answer. I have been eating things I shouldn't. I haven't changed my life enough. I always wear a bracelet with the Serenity Prayer on it. I read it in the day to remind myself to focus on whay I can change. I know I change the weight issue. I am an emotional eater. I know my DR told me the band wouldn't help people who eat to eat, UNLESS they drastically changed their lifestyle. I am taking baby steps.

I would love to hear how you have changed your lifestyle since being banded. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling the Friday love!

4 comments:

  1. I am a scale-aholic, I weigh at least twice a day, I've been taking steps to stop doing this but its crept back.
    Interestingly, my first weight in the morning is always my best, half an hour later I can gain a pound so I try not to stand on the scale again as it leads to upset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weigh once a day - and I think that is overkill! But you know what? You gotta do whatever keeps YOU motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the serenity prayer and have it all over my house. I also weigh myself like 2-3 times a day, I can't help it. It's an obsession. I only believe the scale when it's been the same for a few days or if it's the doctor's office. :)

    I've drastically changed my life by changing my attitude toward food. It's no longer something that I want to have or feel that I just NEED to have (other than for survival). I have slowly realized that food is JUST FOOD. It is nothing else. There is comfort in small and large things. You just have to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashlyn,

    Just wanted to stop by and say "hi" since we were banded on the same day. Do you know Jenny from "the hungry girl's diary"? She was banded the day after us.

    Cheers!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete